You might have come across a situation where you are trying to connect a Bluetooth device to your PC, but you can’t use it because the Bluetooth icon missing in settings. The Bluetooth not working problem arises because of this issue and very annoying to users. There are several reasons for Bluetooth missing in settings and can be solved by performing some task. This guide will explain to you How to fix Windows 10 Bluetooth missing in settings problem by various ways any very readable manner.
Reasons for missing Bluetooth in settings/device manager
Your laptop’s Bluetooth might stop work for various reasons. Some of these reasons are
- Freshly installed Windows – Windows installed from scratch may have disabled the support services, and you can’t use Bluetooth unless it manually started.
- Bluetooth Support Service Disabled – If Bluetooth support service is disabled by any means.
- After installing some questionable software – Installing a certain software or program that changes the Bluetooth settings or corrupt drivers may stop working the Bluetooth.
- After installing windows update – Windows update may change the windows settings significantly or may corrupt drivers of Bluetooth. So any harm to drivers may cause windows 1o missing Bluetooth icon to arise.
- If you changed/modify some settings by mistake – Changing some settings unknowingly may stop the Bluetooth working correctly.
- Bluetooth Drivers get corrupted – Corrupted Bluetooth drivers may cause missing Bluetooth in settings.
10 Ways to fix Windows 10 Bluetooth missing in settings problem
Let’s check some ways to fix this issue. These solutions are performed by us verified. You can start from solution one and head over to next solutions untill the Bluetooth icon appears in settings. Also, always perform a system reboot after you perform a solution.
Solution 1 – Enable Bluetooth support service
Bluetooth hardware needs their support services to work correctly on the PC. If the Bluetooth support services are accidentally disabled, the Bluetooth icon missing problem may occur. These services have to manually turn ON to get back Bluetooth option in the settings.
- Hold windows key + R to open “Run” window.
- Type “services.msc” and hit enter.
- Now from the shown list of services locate “Bluetooth support service” and double click on it.
Now select startup type to “Automatic” from a drop-down list to set the service run automatically when required.
- Click on start button to start the start the service now and then click Ok to close the window.
Now check your settings to see if Bluetooth icon is showing or not. If still not showing go to solution 2.
Solution 2 – Set Recovery method of Bluetooth Support services
If by some errors, Bluetooth Support system failed to start, it won’t start next time. We need to set the settings such that after unable to start, support service should start automatically next time once requested. This can be done in recovery option from services window.
- Open the Run Window by pressing Windows + R and type “services.msc.”
- Locate Bluetooth support service and double-click on it. Here, Go to recovery tab.
- Now select “Restart the service“ from the drop-down menu for all three options – first failure, second failure, and subsequent failure. Click OK to save changes and close the window.
Once again go to settings and check whether the Bluetooth option is showing or not. If Still Windows 10 Bluetooth Missing in settings exists, follow next solution.
Solution 3 – Re-enable Bluetooth Drivers in device manager
Windows 10 Bluetooth icon missing problem may persist if Bluetooth drivers not installed correctly or didn’t start correctly. You can disable the drivers and re-enable them to fix the missing Bluetooth icon problem.
- Open the “Run” Window by pressing Windows + R and type “devmgmt.msc” to open device manager.
- Locate the Bluetooth option and right click on driver name. Here, click on “disable the device.”
- Now again right click on the driver and select “enable device.”
Now Reboot the PC once and go to settings. Your Bluetooth icon missing problem should be fixed. If the problem persists, follow next solution.
Solution 4 – Update the Bluetooth Drivers.
Bluetooth not working error may occur if Bluetooth drivers are outdated. One method to fix windows 10 Bluetooth missing in settings is to update the Bluetooth drivers with “driver update wizard.”
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run wizard on the computer.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and hit enter to open a device manager.
- Locate the Bluetooth option and Right click on Bluetooth driver.
- Select update driver and choose “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Windows now search for newer version of Bluetooth drivers and if available, automatically install them.
Now reboot the PC and check the Bluetooth is shown in settings. Still not working? No worries, we have more solutions.
Solution 5 – Install the Bluetooth Drivers from External Sources
If the driver update wizard (in the solution4) shows you “no drivers” or driver is already updated,” then you can try to install drivers manually by downloading them externally.
You can download Drivers from Computer Manufacturer’s website by going to their website and selecting your Computer model. If you can’t find the proper driver or driver is not available on the manufacturer’s website, you have to download them by third-party software.
To download drivers externally, you can use the software that scans all drivers on PC and updates them automatically by downloading from the internet. One of the great tools to do this is Driver Pack solution.
You can install their software by going to https://drp.su/en. Once software installed, download the Bluetooth Driver and update it.
Now restart your PC and check whether the problem of missing Bluetooth icon has fixed. If not, check the next solution.
Solution 6 – Run Windows troubleshooter to fix the Bluetooth issue
One of the solutions to Windows 10 Bluetooth not working problem is to run a troubleshooting wizard. Windows has integrated troubleshoot wizard to correct some common errors related to devices and features. This wizard can fix the Bluetooth missing in settings problem. You have just to open a troubleshooter from the control panel and launch it for Bluetooth.
- Go to settings and select update and security from here select troubleshooting option from the left menu. For Windows 7, go to control panel – select ‘view by’ to large icons and click on troubleshooting.
- Now from the various features shown in the list, locate Bluetooth service and click on it.
- Now click run the troubleshoot wizard and wait for it to finish.
- During the troubleshooting process, the wizard may ask you some questions and narrow down the possible cause and fix it faster. Just select the appropriate options and go ahead.
Once all the process completed, check for Bluetooth icon has started displaying. Not lucky this time also? No worries, head over to next solution, you may get lucky :).
Solution 7 – Remove Uncertain software
Sometimes Installing new software may change some system settings without informing. This can be one of the issues that cause Bluetooth missing in settings. If Bluetooth stop showing right after you install some software, you can try removing it to fix the problem.
Head over to control panel/settings and select programs /apps and select the recently installed software from the list. Choose to uninstall it and if asked, remove the stored settings of the software as well.
Solution 8 – Perform System Restore
Bluetooth may go missing if you change some settings unknowingly or by mistake. Restoring the system to the previous backup point can revert the missing Bluetooth icon in settings.
- Head over to the main menu by clicking windows icon at the bottom left.
- Type and search “system restore” and open it.
- Select the restore point where the Bluetooth was working.
- Click on the restore button.
- The system will reboot itself and take some time to restore it to the previous state.
Once, done restart the PC and check the Bluetooth icon is appearing in the settings.
Solution 9 – Connect a USB Bluetooth Adaptor to PC
If none of the above solutions works for you, there is possible possibility that your inbuilt Bluetooth Device is stopped working permanently.
An alternate way of solution for missing Bluetooth in settings is to add a USB Bluetooth dongle to a computer. This device acts as hardware for the Bluetooth. Don’t forget to install the Bluetooth drivers for that particular modem. Driver installation disk usually comes with the dongle box itself.
Solution 10 – Go to Service center to repair Bluetooth Hardware
The final step is to replace the hardware of Bluetooth device if none of the solutions work for you and you don’t want to add a Bluetooth dongle. You can go to the service center if under warranty to repair it.
Bluetooth not working problem may occur due to missing Bluetooth icon in settings. Hope this article helped you to fix the problem and Bluetooth icon is now appearing in settings. If you have trouble using any of the solutions, you can comment below your issues.